Vacation Photography in San Francisco

You want photos of your family vacation, but you don’t want to spend your vacation thinking about photos.

Vacation is a story

The vacations of my childhood are stories etched into my memory. New sights and smells, new people and cultures – through travel, I grew as a person, and we grew as a family.

Photographs shape our memories of those vacations, but spending your time thinking about taking pictures takes away from the experience.

I create artful compositions that capture the feeling of your family in this place.

Mother at shoreline with young son on her shoulders, in front of Golden Gate Bridge.

“David is awesome and easygoing, making everyone feel like we’re just casually hanging out, which sets the tone to capture an authentic day.”

– Morgan Broms

Man squeezes baby to cheek in front of sunset and rocky beach.
Photo Credit: Ashley Kaplan Photography

More than a photographer

My previous careers involved a lot of guiding in the outdoors. I have experience in helping make your vacation a great experience.

As a San Francisco local, I share a wealth of knowledge about location planning, avoiding crowds, and managing fog in the Bay Area.

Invest in your vacation and maximize your time in San Francisco.

“It was a fun and casual time…it just felt natural, like we were all hanging out and he was capturing our little adventure…”

– Sarello Buyco

Planning your trip?

Check out my guide to the 12 Best Places for Family Photos in San Francisco.

Vacation Documentary Packages

All Day – $2975

10 hours photography

100+ digital images

$200 print credit

Check out this cool hike-in beach in San Francisco.

Half Day – $1975

4 hours photography

75+ digital images

$100 print credit

Here’s my Land’s End location guide.

Vacation Lifestyle Sessions

Dad tosses toddler on the beach while mom and baby look on.

Family Session – $1275

60-90 minute session

50+ digital images

$100 print credit

Check out this cool hike-in beach in San Francisco.

The Bridge Session – $875

60 minute session

10 digital images of your choice

Select San Francisco locations

Baker Beach is a perfect spot for a Bridge Session!

Pregnant woman stands on rocks and looks into sunset in front of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Next Steps


Get in touch!
It takes 60 seconds, just click below. Right away, we’ll get a date on the calendar.


Schedule a phone call at your convenience. This is your chance to ask questions and my chance to learn more about your upcoming vacation.


Plan your session. We work together to create an itinerary, and I’ll share all my SF local knowledge!

“David has a remarkable knack for capturing a moment that tells the story of the whole day (or week, or month).”

– Julia Lawson

Ready to book your vacation shoot?

My calendar fills up fast. Summer, Fall, and weekends in San Francisco often book weeks in advance. Simply complete the form below and I’ll email you a scheduling link.


A non-refundable initial fee of 25% secures your reservation. The remaining 75% is due 10 days before your session. Once payments have been made, no refunds will be made. 

Rescheduling within 10 days of your session incurs a $300 rescheduling fee.

Rain and overcast are common in the Bay Area, and often lead to beautiful and iconic photographs. Even a bit of rain in the forecast is often a good thing (dramatic clouds and gorgeous sunsets). But if we’re looking at serious downpours, I will always try to accommodate rescheduling your session. 

I suggest scheduling your vacation session near the beginning of your trip, leaving us extra time to reschedule.

If rescheduling is not possible before you leave San Francisco, I will offer a full refund.

San Franciso has relatively mild weather year-round. Summer is warmer, but you can expect thick fog along the coast. Fall is often our warmest and sunniest season. Winter is variable, with powerful Pacific storms followed by periods of crystal-clear air and bright sunshine. Spring is transitional, with the odd winter storm, plenty of sunshine, and often lots of wind along the coast.

Within 4 weeks of your session, I will deliver your images through a professional online gallery. Downloading high resolution photos is easy, and a curated set of my favorite print products will be available for delivery to your doorstep.